Developing an excellent primary science curriculum network RC198 / C52
An outstanding curriculum will engage and motivate children, be challenging and aspirational and be relevant to all children. It will be flexible and responsive to the needs of the children taking their background and locality into account.
This network will give opportunities to Science Subject Leaders and teachers to develop a vision and intent for their curriculum and understand the elements that go into a strong curriculum. It will address the need to ensure effective implementation and how a subject leader can best ensure this. There will also be a strong focus on planning for impact and how this can be monitored and evaluated.
In addition to the scheduled sessions, there will be opportunities to share best practice between sessions and receive personalised additional support and access to our community group resources.
Meeting dates for Autumn Term 2022 and Spring Term 2023 are to be confirmed.
The network charge is per school not per delegate.
We can also offer a discount for multi academy trusts.
Please email NMSLP@potteries.ac.uk to discuss multi academy trust bookings.
- Andie Hughes
- Claire Raxworthy-Cooper
You will be able to:
- Plan for in-depth learning
- Identify misconceptions and preconceptions
- Provide effective challenge and progression building on prior learning
- Identify pedagogies which best support children’s learning including what constitutes effective practical work and encouraging children’s curiosity and questioning
- Recognise opportunities to develop enrichment and ‘science capital
- Identify opportunities to develop literacy and numeracy in a Science context to a high standard.
|Summer Term - Network Meeting||07 July 2022||16:00-17:30||Virtual|
|Summer Term - Gap Task||07 July 2022||16:00-19:00||Virtual|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£180.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available